Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas Gift!

Presenting my new Nikon D80! Wohooo!



Finally I have a new camera to use, it's not high end but it gets the job done. The D70 that I'm using is practically screaming at me to give it some rest. It was Paul's camera when we were starting out and has been handed down to me when he got his D200. I love the D70. I can get some really dramatic shots with it and it has the best color too. Unfortunately, most of the time it gives very poor quality pictures no matter how you adjust it. Sinusumpong na talaga sya. It needs to be repaired na.

I have not extensively tested my D80 pa since I have so much work to do. A few shots palang nagagawa ko. Sa 15 ko pa sya magagamit, un na rin ung test nya. So far naman, ang ganda ng quality ng pictures and the color is good din. It comes with a kit lens na 18-135mm which is good for me since tamad ako magpalit ng lens! Hehehe! I want sana 18-200mm kaya lang expensive din e, so ok na muna ung kit lens. I also love the D80's size. Halos kasing laki lang sya ng D70 (may vertical grip nga lang yung sakin) but much lighter kc it's plastic. This is an advantage for me kc bilis ko mangawit. Malaki rin LCD like D200 and 10MP sya.

Thanks syempre to my honey sa syang bumili! hehehe! Special thanks din to Jon (threelogy) for suggesting this model and to CJ (threelogy) sa paglait sa D70 ko! Ayan mukha na ba akong professional! Heheheh!

10 comments:

Ann Jamias said...

waaa buti pa siya may new camera na ... ako di pa makabili ng Canon 400D, wala kasi trabaho nyahahaha! You deserve to have new camera. Galing mo kasi eh :)

Paul and Ayvih said...

Thanks ann! I'm glad I can now take better pictures, but i will surely miss using my D70. My mga shots kc na dun ko lang nagagawa. Nakapila pa sya sa repair shop e...Asus uy, konting kulit lang yan kay Jason! Dami naman kyo projects...

Jen Reyes said...

Hello!
I am one of your avid fan. I admire your work very much, ang galing-galing nyo kasi. Tuwang tuwa ako ng makita ko sa photonski site nyo na isa sa mga camera na gamit nyo e Nikon D70. Kahit papaano e nasusundan ko mga settings na gamit ni Paul. Pero syempre di parin ganon kaganda kuha ko. Pero I am trying. Maganda ba talaga ang D80 kc iniisip kong bumili, dahil nga matanda narin yung D70 ko. Do you think it is a good buy? Sabi naman sa akin ng isang kaibigan e dapat daw meron lang magandang lense, pero D70 is a powerful camera, totoo ba yon?Salamat sa pag share nyo sa mga pictures nyo. For sure di lang ako ang naiinspire sa mga gawa nyo kung hindi marami pang iba.
Salamat na rin sa pagbabasa nyo ng comment ko pero galing nyo talaga!

Paul and Ayvih said...

hello jen, this is paul...unang una, marami pong salamat sa pagtangkilik ng aming work.

a tip for you, and to who ever who can read this:
i shoot at shutter priority and manual settings during events. so i can create the drama i see in my minds eyes. settings are based in different situations. it doesnt mean that it could be applied anytime. there are factors to be considered. 1 thing i really consider the most is how strong the ambient light. if its to low then ill create one. Right placement of the subjects face, eyes, hand, body gives a different look/drama to each image.

for the type of camera. Each camera has a different personality, even if its the same brand or model. you really have to know your partner well in order to produce amazing images. Know your cameras limitations. I produced great images with the d70. of course a higher model camera produces more. Some also say its just the lens. Thats true too. But when im starting out. i only used the d70's kit lens and a 24-120mm. still i produced amazing images. again its just a matter of knowing its limitations. my d70 can produce images that my d200 cant. and vise versa.

with the d80, WOW!! as in. i like the color of the d80 more than the d200. its newer than the d200 but its a lower model. but mman! i love the colors and i thiink its sharper. we got it with the kit lens, even if the lens is plastic mostly. it is sharp as it can be. again it has its own personality. we need to bond more pa. It can produce images that the d200 and d70 cant.

Hope this helps Jen. Happy shooting.

Jen Reyes said...

Hello ulit!
Magpapasalamat lang ako sa mga pointers.
I greatly appreciate it for you guys to take sometime and answer our few questions.
Salamat na marami talaga.!
God Bless!

kong-chu said...

Inggit ako... :)

Anonymous said...

hello sara! inggit ka san?

kong-chu said...

sa D80 with 18-135mm kit lens... ok sa kit lens ha, pwede nang di mag-18-200mm...

Di pa ako pwede magpapalit e, walang pang-justify, since hindi ko naman pinagkakakitaan. hehe.

Anonymous said...

hehehehe!! gusto namin 18-200 sana para kay ivy, sakin ung 70-200 2.8, how much un dyan?

ung d80 hirap nga lang sya sa low light not like the d70 and d200, kaya nya icompensate sa low light...

kong-chu said...

last time i asked, the Nikon 18-200mm VR is sgd1234. I'll ask around for the 70-200mm. Will let you know before I go back before the wedding para kung gusto mo magpabili. :)